What is Golden Milk?
Golden milk, also known as Haldi Doodh in Hindi or as turmeric milk in popular culture, is a drink with a lot of history. It has been a part of Indian culture for centuries.
The drink is bright gold, stemming from yellow turmeric mixed into beige oat milk.
It’s most commonly made from turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and other spices like cardamom, cloves, allspice and nutmeg.
Benefits of Golden Milk
The combination of golden milk's spices creates a nutrient-dense latte packed with benefits, including:
- Reducing Inflammation
- Golden milk’s main ingredients (ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric) contain anti-inflammatory properties.
A person may reduce inflammation by adding golden milk to their regular diet. For example, a small study of 45 participants showed that consuming 500 milligrams (mg) of curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) was as effective as taking 50 mg of a common arthritis medication at reducing inflammation.
- Boosting Mood
- There is evidence to suggest that curcumin can help improve mood in people who consume it regularly.
A small study consisting of 60 participants found that taking curcumin supplements could help reduce symptoms in people with major depressive disorder. those taking both curcumin and antidepressant drugs saw the most significant improvement.
- Preventing Heart Disease
- The three major ingredients in golden milk have all shown some promise in helping reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosting Immunity
- People tend to use golden milk to help fight common illnesses, such as the cold.
One review of studies found that curcumin contains antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties that can help a person better fight infections.
- Aiding Digestion
- The ginger present in golden milk may help aid digestion. ginger is a common home remedy for nausea and vomiting and there is research supporting its usage. For example, one study on people with chemotherapy-induced nausea found ginger to be an effective and low-risk way to reduce symptoms.
recommendation based on your reading
golden milk latte
like sunshine in a cup. warm, spicy and comforting with a vibrant and rich aroma. this blend of turmeric, ginger and six other spices is rich in antioxidants and powerful anti-inflammatory properties. sweetened with a pinch of monk fruit.
infused with guarana, l-theanine and gaba for calm, clear energy.
caffeine: 100mg, like a cup of coffee
10 servings per package